Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries provides services ranging from emergency shelter to job training. Every day, the services we provide touch the lives of more than 1,400 men, women and children in the Detroit community.
The DRMM is much more than a homeless shelter or soup kitchen. Our evidence-based services address the needs of the whole individual. We assist those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol toward their goal of obtaining sobriety. We help teen mothers finish high school and learn critical parenting skills.
We help those recently released from prison obtain employability skills, and find housing and gainful employment. We work with S.A.Y. Detroit Family Health Clinic to provide 24-hour medical care to children and families.
Yet, there is more that can be done.
The need for our services has gone up 30%. Read more about the vital services we provide and consider making a donation to help us meet the expanding needs and continue this important work.
You Can Help Rebuild the Inner-City, One Life At A Time
– Over 1 million meals to the hungry
– More than 146,000 nights of emergency lodging
– Emergency shelter, transitional housing and substance abuse treatment
– Transitional housing for teen moms and their children
– 1,100 inner-city children with a Christian summer camping experience
– Food, shelter and a strong spiritual emphasis to more than 1000 people daily
– Recreation and prevention programs for 450 children and youth
– More than 75,000 clothing items to the poor
– Residential substance abuse treatment for over 1,000 men.